Friday, November 9, 2007

It's So Easy...Anybody Can Do It!

How To!
I've always loved the necklaces with the big colorful gumballs. I created a new way to make my own and at the same time make it cute! It's very simple and fast. You can learn how to do it in these easy steps.

Get Your Gear....
You can go to Wal-Mart and get those wooden balls in the craft section. They only have a hole in one end so you have to drill a hole in the other end, but you'll find that's not a problem.Pick some colors that you want to do the necklace in, such as red and black for example.Get that color spray paint. Get some ribbon that go along with your colors. In this case it would be red and black, and it's always good to include white too.

Get Started...
Split the balls up half and half. Spray paint half of them black and half of them red. After the balls are dry, string them on the ribbon of your choice.

The Finishing Touch!
Then, cut little pieces of each of the ribbon. Tie one piece between each ball, alternating the ribbon. Depending on your style, you can choose to make the necklace long or short. I personally like the longer ones better. In the end you have a cute, fun necklace that is your personal masterpiece!

What's Yet to Come...
I know I have yet to put pictures of my work on here. I was planning on putting one with this post to show you guys what it looks like, but the ones I've recently made, I've sold so I have no necklace to take a picture of! By next week my goal is to have something of mine that you can actually look at. I'll still put a picture of this necklace on here so you can see how it's supposed to turn out. Enjoy!

tag: , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: