Monday, November 12, 2007

Don't Let Wearring A Uniform Crash Your Style


The Big Question!
One of my friends recently got a comment posted on her blog that was asking for advice. The question was: What do you do if you go to a school that requires uniforms?

Be You!
Well...my friend answered this question and to know what she said, click here. Like she said, it depends on what look you're going for and what kind of uniform it is. You want to make sure that whatever you do fits "you" and still looks good. So basically what I'm getting at, is you don't want to look like somebody you're not.

Is There A Need?
If it's something that goes all the way up to your neck such as a turtleneck or some sort of jacket or sweater, most of the time you don't need a necklace because it would be too much. However, if it's something that shows your collar bone, jewelry is a definite must! You can either go with chunky or small and dainty, depending on your sense of style.

Flatter Yourself!
If you go with chunky, I'd go with a gumball necklace and ball earrings to match. If you go with dainty, I would wear a small crystal necklace and earrings. When you do this, it's always good to pull your hair back some so you're jewelry will be noticed. This way, it flatters you more! If you have a different sense of style and have another idea of how you could flatter uniforms more, let me know!

tag: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a very interesting blog. I agree with the idea of using jewerly or other clothes to go with your uniform and still maintaining your own style. I had school uniforms for 5 years, so I learned how to make the uniform my own style with accessories and other stuff. Thanks for writing!

Anonymous said...

I really like this blog and i agree with it. I think that you made a good point when you said that you should use a necklace or something to make a uniform more 'you'. My elementary school had a uniform for the last two years i was there and it was the worst two years of school. I felt like i wasn't abe to express myself because I was young and i didn't know that something like a necklace could make me feel more 'me'.