Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Find Your Talent!


Let It Be Known!
People have many different hobbies such as crafty stuff that are great ideas! It's that time of year to be buying presents and if you have a knack for something, now is the perfect time to be doing it. Let people know you have a special talent! Sometimes they buy them for gifts for people and you can actually get money out of it; and sometimes, it's a cheap way to give a great gift to your family or friends.

Other Knacks
I don't just make jewelry, I have a lot of other creative things that I really enjoy doing and I get money out of! Painting glasses is another hobby of mine and my mom's. People love them and are able to tells us what they want on it. We do initials, designs, certain colors...anything people ask for. Around this time of year we also paint glass ornaments. The ones for babies turn out really cute! These are some I found on the internet, not the ones I've done, but they are very similar.

No Idea Is Stupid

I posted this blog because I felt like people needed to know that this time of year is the perfect time to experiment and discover hidden talents! People have many great ideas that they don't decide to do because they think "Oh, I'm not one of those talented people that can make it look good." But the truth is, if you have an idea, you are talented. Don't just think that you can't do it because you've never done it before; have a positive attitude. Once you create something you're very proud to say that you made it yourself. You'll also find that gifts like these...are sometimes the best gifts of all!

tag: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with this post. My talent is crocheting, and I love it! Right now I'm making a scarf for my mom and it's really fun. I love to make stuff for people instead of going to Wal-Mart or somewhere like that and grabbing the first thing you see without giving it a second thought. This is a great blog. I can't wait to get more ideas for Christmas! Keep up the good work!

Queen Couture said...

Your absolutely right! Way to many people are afraid of being themselves and therefore just follow the crowd, and that's definitely not a good thing to do. When you put thought into your gift that's usually the gift that the person you gave it to looks back on ten years later and goes, "Thats the only gift I remember from that year." Your thoughts have much more impact than you realize, and people need to put action with it. Your doing a fantastic job on your blog! Keep up the good work!

Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher said...

I think it is great that you are encouraging people to try new things. I'd love it if you'd give me a step by step on how to paint on glass and maybe some pictures of what you've done. Maybe you should even add a catalog. This is a beautiful post!